Thunder Competition Gen III Tunnel Bags
Bulk discount rates
Below are the available bulk discount rates for each individual item when you purchase a certain amount
|Buy 7 - 14||and get 10% off|
|Buy 15 or above||and get 15% off|
Our next generation of competition tunnel bags are easy to fill, perform well and resolve most tunnel bag issues.
- Strong and durable: UV-resistant, 18oz coated vinyl (PVC) sewn with SunGuard double-bonded UV-resistant thread.
- Standard Sizing: Fits 24" diameter; 26" optional.
- Tunnel Support: Ultra-wide strap spans more than 3 wire ribs on a 4" pitch tunnel; 2 wire ribs on a 6" pitch tunnel.
- Wide Footprint: Bottom that makes contact with ground measures 17" x 7" (43cm x 18cm).
- Heavy-duty top opening: Made-in-USA YKK Delrin zipper does not support rot or mildew, is UV coated and self lubricating so it operates smoothly despite sand, mud or other grit.
- Padded handles: Heavy-duty foam-padded handle (see photo) offers a comfortable handhold when lifting and carrying.
- Easy to move and reset: Grab the handles, pick up the bags (bend your knees!), hold them so the strap is over the tunnel end and lower the bags — the weight of the bags automatically secure the tunnel in the correct position.
- Optional Two-Piece Strap: The same wide width as the one-piece strap is Velcro fastened. Straps are color coordinated so all same side Velcro is sewn onto one yellow strap making it easier for ring crew to locate a matching pair. Matching strap is blue and has a grab handle to facilitate lifting and fastening, especially when placed in the tunnel center.
- Optional Water Bladder Insert: 5.28 gallon (20 litre) food-grade bladders with screw-off cap. Two bladders per set ordered. Just unzip, unscrew the cap and fill the bladder with water to the desired weight. First time users, please watch our filling instruction video. Bag weighs 28lb (13.6 kg) full of water or as heavy as one can carry when filled with sand or pea gravel. Bladders are also sold separately.
- Custom colors: Blue bags, yellow ends and yellow straps are stock bags. Custom colors available on 10 or more sets at no charge. Refer to swatch photo.
Sold as a set: two blue bags and connected with a yellow strap. One set holds one tunnel end. Note: for artificial turf and hard packed sand we recommend our McWedge Pro Turf Tunnel bags.
These are great tunnel bags. I opted for the water bladders rather than fill with sand or stones. This was very simple. The tunnel bags are the best I have found to date and hold the tunnels even with the fastest dogs.
These tunnel bags are fantastic. Easy to fill and very stable, they sit securely against the tunnel and provide great stability. Very well made and I love the easy to clean vinyl. Nothing but good things to say.
Appear to be sturdily made. Easy to fill. First time we used them outdoors on grass, they held the tunnels well.
I used the bags yesterday and so pleased I just order two more sets with bladders.
We love your Gen III bags with and without the bladders.
Really nice bags; a nice shape and very well made. Finally a tunnel holder with handles where you can use them to carry the bags! I haven't had them very long but I plan to get another set. I use them outdoors on grass and they hold the tunnel in position very well.
Thoughtfully designed, beautifully made, the wide zipper openings make these tunnel bags easy to fill. Due to their shape, with a wide foot print and wide straps, TC Gen III bags stay in position next to the tunnel; allowing big dogs to power through tunnels with very little movement. The blue bags with yellow ends and straps look spectacular on my blue mats. I've ordered several sets and could not be more pleased. Thank you Salty Dog for a high quality, top notch product. These bags deserve 10 stars and applause.
Love these bags but very disappointed that the water bladders are not available. Salty Dog Canvas: we're hoping to again offer the water bladders. Stay tuned!
My Border Collie, Crosby, comes from champion flyball lines, and when he hits a tunnel at full speed, it moves a lot. He is often knocking the old style bags over, which can obviously be dangerous. Well, after several training sessions with our new Black Thunder tunnel bags, the tunnel has not moved and no bags have been displaced! I am more than thrilled with this product!
Used bags at our trial on the weekend. Love, love, love! So easy to move around and held the tunnels great.
At our trial we had 650 dogs passing though the tunnels, both big and little dogs, and no movement of bags and we run on mats. These bags get a 10 out of 10 from us.
These bags work much better on my mats than the typical tunnel bags.